Monday, September 27, 2010

Wrongful, shameful

I was wrongfully terminated from my job in mid-August. I say that because my boss knows I have a disability, and discriminated against me because of it. She also didn't follow internal policies.

Looking for a new job is an all-encompassing endeavor. I know this because I do it every single day. I have a lot more education than a lot of people (B.A., M.A., J.D.) but it really doesn't seem to matter. I am looking just like everybody else.

The whole process is one rude wake-up call. There is one institution on which I have given up b/c every time I apply for a job there, my name is immediately thrown out of contention. So if that place thinks I'm ever going to contribute a dime, that's hilarious.

People don't get back to you like they say they will. People don't call back, even for jobs like document review.

All I can say is, thank you American taxpayers for unemployment compensation. Even though most of the people who work at UC are jerks, every now and then, you find some helpful soul.

No comments: