Monday, January 03, 2011

2011

What does it say about us as a people that we so fervently decide to make all sorts of resolutions for the New Year? Time is a manmade construct, it really doesn't change us so much, except that we age.

Nevertheless, I have resolutions. I have to get to the gym several times a week, and work my way back up to biking 20 miles, which is what I used to do. I also have to stop worrying so much. As my husband says, "If you're awake, you're worried." I'd like to stop that. I also need to get some strength training in, and I have to say, I'm not going to any more neurologist appointments. My brain docs are serious buzzkills, and it makes me depressed to see them. They have nothing new to offer me, and I feel it's a complete waste of time and money to go see them. So I'm thinking I'm done with them, and I'll try to go with more Eastern approaches.

Someone told me for acute things, you want Western med. You break an arm, you have a heart attack, you want Western medicine. If you have something chronic, they have no idea what to do with you, unless it's to give you some pill which only addresses symptoms, and not the issue itself, which is when you cross over to the Eastern medicine approach.

Onward, 2011. Let this year be one of health, happiness and joy for everyone.

No comments: